Five Easy ways to update your Christmas decor:
- Have a tired old wreath? Try spray paint. Freshen up the look with a coat of colored spray paint. Add glitter for a touch of shimmer and include lights, pine cones too.
- Old Greenery or Garland? Add in extra touches of color with accents of berries, blooms, fruits, add in ornaments to give it a finishing touch.
- Old lanterns? Even if they are rusty or chipped it may add a sense of charm to your holiday decor. Some fillers include: candles, ornaments, greenery, and pine cones. Transform it by making a mini-snow globe out of your lantern by adding in figures from your Christmas house collection. Fill with Mini lights and add ribbon to the handle to complete the look. Plaid ribbon is always a good option!
- Apothecary jars – There are all sorts of things you can add to these to dress them up for the holidays. As with the lanterns you can use any of the same fillings in the jars. If you don’t have apothecary Jars don’t worry just find a regular clear jar and add fillers to those. They will look best in groups of at least 3 or more. This is a great centerpiece for a table, entryway, kitchen countertop.
- For a cute idea for Platters you no longer need to serve on. Try painting the center with chalk paint and add a count down to christmas. Add a picture stand to prop up the platter, or if it has a handle hang it up on the wall with a ribbon attached. Also, for round platters you want to use again add a wreath with candles in the center. This will work best with LED candles for safety.
Hope you and your family have a great holiday season!